Civil engineering is considered as the first discipline of the various branches of engineering. The designing, planning, construction, and maintenance of the infrastructure. The works include roads, bridges, buildings, dams, canals, water supply and numerous other facilities that affect the life of human beings. Civil engineering is intimately associated with the private and public sectors, including the individual homeowners and international enterprises.
To establish an outstanding center of regional and national reputation for providing a quality engineering education to the students and services to the professionals and the community; to produce quality civil engineers; and to employ principles of continual quality improvement to enhance competence of its programme and faculty.
- To serve the people of the country by providing a broad and high quality education to its student for a successful professional career.
- To conduct strong basic and applied research for national needs.
- To serve the construction industry; civil engineering profession through dissemination of knowledge and technical services
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR DIPLOMA HOLDERS IN CIVIL ENGINEERING
- Govt. Public sector /private construction companies/Boards/ Corporation/Departments/ Service sector i.e. Universities/Colleges, specially for repair and maintenance of buildings roads.
- SSC (J.E.) CPWD/ Military Engineering Services/ BRO/ Defense/ Railways/ Power Projects/ Banks/ Municipal Corporations and Committees/ Punchayati Raj etc. Installation of communication towers and framed structure. Testing laboratories Technical institutions.
- Design 2-D,3-D and 4-D Drawing by using software’s, GPS, GIS systems.
- Self employment opportunities Small building contractors/Licensed contractors.
- Approved building planner and velour
The future of civil engineering is expected to be revolutionized by the new technologies including design software, GPS, GIS systems and other latest technical expertise in varied fields. Technology will continue to make important changes in the application of civil engineering, including the rapid progress in the use of
The various Laboratories in the Civil Department are as mentioned below:
- Fluid Mechanics Lab: It contains Bernoulli’s Thermo apparatus, V & Rectangular, Notch apparatus, Darcy’s Apparatus, Centrifugal Pump, Reynolds apparatus, Water current meter, Bourdon’s Tube etc.
- Survey Lab: It contains Theodolite, Levels, Pentagraph, Planimeter, Ranging Roads, Leveling Staff, Abney’s Level, Binoculars Total Station, Digital Thoeodolite, Laser Distance meter, Digital Plani-meter, drafting machine etc.
- Construction Material lab contains various types of Timber Pieces and stone pieces etc.
- Concrete Lab contains compressive strength testing machine, compaction factor apparatus, slump test apparatus, Flakiness index apparatus, Set of sieves, Vicket needle apparatus, Cube mould, Model’s and Rebound hammer etc.
- Water Supply & Sanitation Engg. Lab contains PH value apparatus, turbidity apparatus, optimum alum doze apparatus, conductivity apparatus, residual chlorine apparatus, water meter, Jar test apparatus, distillation apparatus, models etc.
- Soil & Foundation Engineering : contains direct shear testing machine, consolidation testing machine, unconfined compression testing machine, universal extractor frame apparatus, set of sieves, standard penetration test apparatus, Vane Shear apparatus, moisture meter, permeability apparatus, sieve shaker, sieve apparatus, oven, models.
- Structural Mechanics Lab :contains young’s modules apparatus on mild steel,wood testing machine, young’s modulus of elasticity apparatus, framed structure etc.
- Highway Engineering Lab: contains CBR apparatus (California bearing RATIO apparatus), penetration value of bitumen apparatus, softening point apparatus, impact value testing machine, LOSS angles abrasion machine, ductility testing machine of bitumen, DORRY abrasion machine, oven and models etc.